StarShipIT can automatically import CSV files from an FTP server.
The CSV file will be downloaded from your server and the shipments information will be written back to your server after printing.
1. Set-up you CSV file template in StarShipIT
The first step is to set-up you CSV template in StarShipIT, we recommend to test your CSV file template by doing manual import first and then start using the FTP server.
All the information about how to setup your CSV template can be found here
2. Set-up your FTP server in StarShipIT
The second step is to enter the connection information about your FTP server:
- Go to Settings>Integration>add new>CSV FTP.
- Enter the address of your server and port.
- Enter the FTP user credentials.
- Click Test Connection.
- And click Save.
Note: StarShipIT will automatically create 3 folders: IN, OUT, HISTORY. the folder can be created independently, however, you have to the respect the case.
3. Import your orders and get the tracking information.
Once your server is added to StarShipIT you will have 3 folders:
- IN contains the CSV files that need to be imported, once the file has been imported in StarShipIT it will be moved to HISTORY.
- HISTORY contains all the CSV files that have been imported in StarShipIT.
- OUT once you order printed, a CSV file containing: Tracking Number, Order Number, Customer name, Courier company, Tracking URL. one file will be created per order.