The following steps have for purpose to integrate Magento to StarShipIT, Once the integration completed your orders will be imported in StarShipit and the tracking information will be written back to Magento. However to enable live rates at checkout you need to install the Magento App (Steps by step guide)
In the first step, you will need to create a Webservice user with a Read and Write access, then you will copy the user details in StarShipIT.
1. Create a Webservice user and Webservice role in Magento
The first step is to creat an API access in Magento, you need to create a Webservice user and a Webservice role, once done, you keep this information for the second step.
- Navigate to your Magento Admin dashboard. Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles
- Once you are in the Roles Page, click the Add New Role button in the top right-hand corner of the page. In the Add New Role page enter a role name in the space provided, then on the left side click Role Resources. Set the Resource Access to ALL. At the top right hand of the screen click the Save Role button.
- Now that you have a newly created role, we need to assign it to a user. Starting from the Admin Dashboard again, Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users
- Once you are in the Users Page, click the Add New User button in the top right-hand corner of the page. In the Add New User page, fill in the user information. Make sure to write down the API key you create. Set the account to active. Now click the user role on the left side. Assign the user your previously created role.
2. Add the detail of the Magento WebService user in StarShipIT
After creating the user and the role in Magento you need to add the details in StarShipit. Add the URL, the username and the Password you just created. you can customise the Status of orders to import however the default status "processing" should be right
- In the StarShipIT Main menu Click on Settings > Integration > Add New and select Magento
- Enter your URL
- Enter your Username (Role created in Magento*)
- Enter your Password (API key created in Magento*)
- Click Test Connection and then Save. This will test the connection from your Magento site to our application. StarShipIT connects with Magento via an API.
-- When I click on Test Connection I get: "Not Found"
Double check the email address entered
-- When I click on Test Connection I get: "Server returned a fault exception:  Access denied."
Double check your Username and Password